Note: Be sure to watch it in full screen @ 720p for full enjoyment.
10 hours before this video I was unable to open my eyes from allergies (didn’t know I had any!) I was reduced to lying in bed at the hotel with sunglasses on and even tried placing chamomile teabags over my eyes. Regardless, it’s a good thing you can’t see my red, swollen, chapped eyes that gave me a nice little preview of what I’ll look like when I’m 80. To make matters worse, I discovered my brand new tubular tires didn’t hold air for more than 1 hour. Didn’t think I’d even bother waking up for the event. But I did, pumped in some PitStop and held my breath. As I stood at the start, a few drops of rain hit my helmet and I was convinced that I’d be back cozy in bed within the hour! After 70km, I thought I was completely done… but after taking it “easy” up Tourmalet (1hr:15m) and resting on the descent, I was miraculously resurrected. Still managed 52nd out of 1250 with 700 or so doing the big 170km 4-valley loop included l’Hourquette d’Ancizan, Col du Tourmalet, and Col d’Aspin (2 of which were part of yesterday’s stage 12 in Le Tour).
- @AntonioTunston I think 25mm should fit fine. 1 year ago
- Still under the weather but that's sure to change w/ local omelettes c/o @LoisNatural Farm-2-My-Table @TallSockRacing http://t.co/TkemkL2UJ4 2 years ago
- RT @TallSockRacing: A huge thanks to Hotel Brown for an amazing, fun and filling stay! T... goo.gl/M6zdDY http://t.co/UaZHi7Gmvw 2 years ago
- New road kicks for 15? If not, could be office worthy #goeswithlinen @TallSockRacing http://t.co/VDBiC2wO4Y 2 years ago
- After you drop it in the dog's water dish, you discover the real reason why it's called a Baby Einstein toy. http://t.co/awBP0sDkOh 2 years ago